Monday, June 22, 2009

Starting Over due to Postive Peer Pressure

Apparently I am giving into the peer pressure and reviving my blog! Some of my very best favorite people blog and so I am going to give it a try...especially since I have extra time these days.

I officially decided this morning to take a break from school for the rest of the summer. I hope anyone feeling anxiety about this will believe me when I say it's only until Fall quarter. All of the pressure that I have been able to "ride" through since Aaron got furloughed in March has finally caught up with me and I just can't think straight. It also helps not at all that the instructors I got this quarter were far from flexible. This decision comes after a great deal of soul searching and fervent prayer. I feel peace for the first time in weeks.

I am going to take the time I would have spent everyday working on assignments to work on myself. I no longer have an excuse to avoid exercise. I know I am not ever going to be a super model (heck, in reality, who is?) but I want to work on being healthy. And here is a declaration: I am not going to judge my self worth according to the number on the scale or the size of my dresses. I just want to be active and strong. I am also going to walk with my kids, walk Isis, and enjoy more of what this beautiful state has to offer.

So here's to a fresh new Monday morning. For the first time since December 2007 I do not have a looming deadline. I have good friends, a beautiful home, gorgeous, fun, brilliant kids, and an eternal companion who challenges me every day and helps me to grow as a person. Hopefully further entries will be less contemplative and more interesting, but hey, it's been over two years!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hey Nicole! I hope you are able to enjoy your summer break. Maybe we will see you at Park Days. I know Rebecca is so excited about the zoo...

Tera said...

Well, I'm glad you have decided to blog again! I loooove reading what others think about and what they find to be important. And I for one, love to blog to not only record my memories for my children, but I find it very therapeutic on rough days as well!